MAKE PART TIME WORK FOR YOU.
Joining the Navy Reserves means you can reap the best of all that a career in the Navy has to offer, while still holding down your full-time civilian career or studies - meaning you'll get the best of both worlds.
As the part-time force of the Navy, the Reserves are made up of both civilian and former Navy personnel. They serve to support the Navy's operational capability in its maritime defence and security roles, as well as the wider NZ Defence Force Mission to protect New Zealand's interests and provide support in times of natural and other disasters.
Reservists have the opportunity to serve on both the Navy's modern fleet and ashore, primarily at the Navy Reserve Units located in Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. To be a Reservist, you will need to commit to a minimum of 20 days service a year, alongside maintaining your fitness levels and passing academic and other requirements at the same level as full-time Navy personnel. You will also wear the same uniform and be available to be trained and deployed operationally.
We have two Reservist roles in the Navy;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A paid part time position
- Flexibility to work your Reserve role around your full-time commitments
- Learn new skills and gain diverse experiences that will appeal to civilian employers
- Opportunities for adventure you won't find in any other job
- A taste of all that Navy life has to offer